Christian Alliance International School (CAIS), a non-profit making school wholly owned by Kowloon Tong Church of the Chinese Christian and Missionary Alliance, invites applications for the position of Chinese Studies Teacher.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide instruction in Chinese Studies courses as well as work collaboratively within a team of Chinese Studies teachers to design and implement coherent instruction in the Grade 1–12 program.
- Deliver developmentally appropriate learning experiences for primary students
- Provide differentiated support and instruction for students with varied Chinese proficiency levels
- Implement instructional strategies in all five skills of Chinese language and culture: – listening, speaking, reading, and writing of Chinese; and knowledge of Chinese culture
- Assess student learning through planning and administration of a variety of appropriate formative and summative assessments
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Education, or Bachelor Degree in relevant major subject(s) with a Postgraduate Diploma in Education or equivalent teaching credential required
- Master’s degree in Chinese language instruction preferred
- Prior experience in teaching Chinese as a second/foreign language (TCSL/TCFL) in a primary and/or secondary school and/or international school strongly preferred
- Proficiency in simplified and traditional script required
- Good command of spoken and written English
Effective Date of Employment
The starting date for this appointment is mid-August 2020. Initial contracts are normally 2 years in duration.
Please refer to the detailed Employment Process (Teaching Positions) on the School’s website. Applications including a cover letter, current resume, Teacher Application Form, Christian Faith Questionnaire, employment reference letters, teacher certification and university transcripts should be submitted by email (PDF format only) to:
Human Resources Department
Christian Alliance International School
33 King Lam Street
Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon
All personal data submitted will be used for recruitment purposes only.