Christian Alliance International School (CAIS), a non-profit making school wholly owned by Kowloon Tong Church of the Chinese Christian and Missionary Alliance, invites applications for Communications Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement, you have a passion for and strong experience in writing materials in support of various fundraising channels and activities. You will create compelling content for donors, parents and alumni. You will be working collaboratively with the Advancement team to write and edit communications required to promote the annual giving campaign and contribute to the development of new communications in support of a large comprehensive campaign. Through all stages of the donor cycle (identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship), your work will encourage engagement and philanthropic support to Christian Alliance International School (CAIS). You will also provide support to our alumni communications, including social media and online content. This role is key to providing a positive donor experience, which will help to effectively acquire and retain donors, and engage alumni in personal and meaningful ways.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write, edit and update compelling content for donors, parents and alumni that reinforces the case for support including, but not limited to, annual giving appeals (email, letter), funding proposals, gift announcements, impact reports, content for digital media
- Work closely with the Director of Advancement to develop the school’s communication strategy
- Working closely with the Advancement team and the senior leadership team, assist in the development and execution of an integrated social media strategy for the campaign and alumni community, ensuring that all channels and related messaging are aligned.
- Collaborate with the Advancement team to develop major donor communication strategies. Support the development of cases for support and sophisticated lead and major gift proposals
- Contribute to new communications vehicles in support of the campaign (e.g. newsletters, blogs).
- Create informative content, press releases, articles, and media opportunities to share our school’s brand and services.
- Write speeches for senior leadership for donor, parent and alumni events.
- Conduct primary research, conduct interviews, write, edit and proof internal and external communications (i.e. funding priority descriptions, donor/volunteer stories, impact stories).
- Help coordinate the development and production of print and electronic communication related to all aspects of the school’s work.
- Work closely and proactively with departments across the school to understand CAIS’ unique value propositions and effectively make the case for support or demonstrate impact of support, as appropriate.
- Help execute the plan and calendar for all school’s communications to donors, parents and alumni at all stages of the donor cycle. Develop work back schedules and creative briefs.
- Be available and eager to attend and assist at events and initiatives across the campus.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree holder in Communications, English, Journalism or related field
- Proven track record over 5 or more years in creating a variety of compelling donor communications and adept at connecting with an audience at an emotional, yet highly sophisticated, level that aligns with the case for support and the institutional voice and brand
- A high degree of comfort and experience in adapting writing style to fit the author, audience, and voice of the piece, with a passion for effective story-telling
- Ability to synthesize concepts and ideas into clear, concise and compelling written and designed documents.
- Experience writing professionally in Chinese would be a definite asset
- Prior experience in an academic environment would be an asset
- Exceptional grammatical skills, with a comfort in providing editing support for leaders in the school
- An eye for detail, extremely organized and the ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines with high standards of quality and accuracy
- A flexible self-starter, receptive to challenges, who maintains a positive, professional and collaborative attitude
- Creative problem-solver who will bring a fresh perspective to the team
- Tact and diplomacy skills in addition to awareness and ability to work within an environment that requires confidentiality
- Effectively manages time and thoughtfully thinks through how to bring a project to fruition. Ability to work effectively under pressure of high volume and multiple deadlines.
- Enjoys building relationships of trust across a diverse organization
- Proficient in word processing and internet search. Experience working with web-authoring technology and desktop and web publishing tools are an asset.
- A professional who believes in the mission of the school
Refer to the detailed Employment Process (Non-Teaching Positions) on this website.
All personal data submitted will be used for recruitment purposes only.