Christian Alliance International School (CAIS), a non-profit making school wholly owned by Kowloon Tong Church of the Chinese Christian and Missionary Alliance, invites applications for Drama Teacher.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Drama Teacher will be responsible for developing interest and ability for creative expression in drama in students, employing skills and techniques consistent with curricular and school objectives.
- Provide general drama instruction for primary and high school students
- Organize theatre trips and workshops to enhance students’ exposure to drama
- Collaborate with other drama and homeroom teachers in organizing drama shows
- Prepare students for public performances as specified by the School
- Design the drama curriculum according to the School’s program
Qualifications and Experience
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Education (or equivalent teaching credential) required
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in drama/performing arts strongly preferred
- Prior experience in teaching drama in a primary and/or high school strongly preferred
English Language Competency
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Effective Date of Employment
The starting date for this appointment is August 15, 2019. Initial contracts are normally 2 years in duration.
Refer to the detailed Employment Process (Teaching Positions) on this website.
All personal data submitted will be used for recruitment purposes only.