Christian Alliance International School (CAIS), a non-profit making school wholly owned by Kowloon Tong Church of the Chinese Christian and Missionary Alliance, invites applications for the position of English Language Learner Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with grade-level and subject-area teachers to plan the optimum package for students who enroll in the English Language Learner (ELL) program.
- Deliver lessons according to the needs of students for developing their English language skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Formulate strategies with grade-level and subject-area teachers to support English Language Learners inclusively in the classroom
- Provide parents with feedback and evaluation based on their child’s development in English language
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Education, or Bachelor Degree in relevant major subject(s) with a Postgraduate Diploma in Education or equivalent teaching credential with at least 10 weeks’ practicum required
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) strongly preferred
- Prior experience in teaching English as a Second Language in a primary and/or high school strongly preferred
- Native proficiency in spoken and written English required
Effective Date of Employment
Immediate appointment is strongly preferred or the starting date for appointment is mid-August 2020. Initial contracts are normally 2 years in duration.
Please refer to the detailed Employment Process (Teaching Positions) on the School’s website. Applications including a cover letter, current resume, Teacher Application Form, Christian Faith Questionnaire, employment reference letters, teacher certification and university transcripts should be submitted by email (PDF format only) to:
Human Resources Department
Christian Alliance International School
33 King Lam Street
Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon
All personal data submitted will be used for recruitment purposes only.