Christian Alliance International School (CAIS), a non-profit making school wholly owned by Kowloon Tong Church of the Chinese Christian and Missionary Alliance, invites applications for English Language Learner Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities
The English Language Learner (ELL) Specialist works collaboratively with grade-level and subject-area teachers to plan the optimum package for students who enroll in the English Language Learner (ELL) program.
- Deliver lessons according to the needs of students for developing their English language skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Formulate strategies with grade-level and subject-area teachers to support English Language Learners inclusively in the classroom
- Provide parents with feedback and evaluation based on their child’s development in English language
Qualifications and Experience
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Education (or equivalent teaching credential) required
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) strongly preferred
- Prior experience in teaching English as a Second Language in a primary and/or high school strongly preferred
English Language Competency
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Effective Date of Employment
The starting date for this appointment is August 15, 2019. Initial contracts are normally 2 years in duration.
Refer to the detailed Employment Process (Teaching Positions) on this website.
All personal data submitted will be used for recruitment purposes only.