Christian Alliance International School (CAIS), a non-profit making school wholly owned by Kowloon Tong Church of the Chinese Christian and Missionary Alliance, invites applications for Health Care Assistant. This post is to assist and support the School Nurse on a daily basis by operating the nurse room and performing administrative work effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide basic first aid to students and staff e.g. simple wound dressing, applying anti-itching creams or lotion, handling nose bleeding
- Assist the students in taking medicine when the nurse is away or having a lunch break
- Report to School Nurse for the signs or symptoms that may need to report to the parents e.g. fever, head bump, allergic reaction
- Keep track of the record of the illness log, and the school uniform to be borrowed
- Maintain Medical Room in good conditions by ordering and maintaining adequate medical supplies and keep the room in good sanitary condition
- Perform administrative work e.g. arranging immunizations, collecting dental and health forms, making class lists
- Communicate and cooperate well with the administrative staff and parents
- Educate students to practice hygiene etiquette on campus
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor and school administrators
Qualifications and Experience
- High school graduate or above with at least 1-2 years’ health care experience
- Confident in handling body fluid e.g. blood, urine, feces, vomitus
- Basic First Aid knowledge
- Good command of spoken English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous work experience in a school setting is an advantage
- PC skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel
Refer to the detailed Employment Process (Non-Teaching Positions) on this website.
All personal data submitted will be used for recruitment purposes only.