Christian Alliance International School (CAIS), a non-profit making school wholly owned by Kowloon Tong Church of the Chinese Christian and Missionary Alliance, invites applications for ICT Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy and Planning
- Drive and execute ICT plans in line with School development needs and ensure the ICT infrastructure able to cope with organic growth of the School.
- Continuity, capacity, backup and disaster recovery planning and execution
- Manage overall ICT software, application, hardware, system and architecture disciplines
- Oversee Student Information System (Power School) and Education Technology Systems of the School
- Develop operations strategy
Application and ICT Network
- Establish internal policies and procedures to respond to School’s ICT functional and technical needs
- Initiate communications and consultations for any ICT deployment to address needs
- Operations and support on various ICT applications and systems
- Day-to-day network management, maintenance, design and implementation of network change plans as required
- Resolve any gaps between new and existing systems and applications, and recommended and implemented enhancement plans
- Ongoing analyze current level of security and make necessary improvement on network, etc.
- Lead a team to provide in-house ICT and technical support
- Good knowledge of AV system
Student Information System / Education Technology
- Work with external consultant and software services / information system vendors to enable implementation
- Liaise with external service providers to research, test, pilot and recommend new technologies that support education and learning needs
- Analyze user requirements for configuration arrangement
- Prepare and standardize data for system migration and operations needs
- Participate in different ad-hoc projects to ensure the requirements are collected, met, tested and implemented
- Drive project team to meet timeline
- UAT and user training arrangement
- Work with Senior Leadership team, teachers, support service departments and different user group to address ICT needs
- Facilitate and collaborate with different departments on enhancing ICT operations including student record management, classroom technology, departmental data management, etc.
- Work with different departments on schooI-wide initiatives including yearly budget, admission and student record management, visual/sound and related system for school events, etc.
- Work and communicate with different level of users to resolve issues
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree holder in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Holder of MCSE, RHCE, CCNP or CISA is advantageous
- Minimum 8 years of progressive experience in the development, installation and maintenance of information systems; 3 years of more in a leadership role with supervisory experience required
- Solid experience in Power School on system configuration, implementation, respective integration and data migration, etc.
- Knowledge in heterogeneous servers and networking technologies and hands-on experience on PC technical support, network installation and administration on Windows operating systems, Mac, Linux and Cloud environments as well as deployment of best practices
- Experience working in international school environment is preferred.
- Able to work under pressure and good troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work with faculty/staff/students and to clearly communicate technical information to technical and non-technical individuals in English, both written and verbally.
- Good communication and written skills and able to read, analyze, and interpret general technical periodicals, professional journals, and technical manuals.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of the role. The position is privy to sensitive and confidential data, including student and financial information, passwords, etc.
Refer to the detailed Employment Process (Non-Teaching Positions) on this website.
All personal data submitted will be used for recruitment purposes only.