Christian Alliance International School (CAIS), a non-profit making school wholly owned by Kowloon Tong Church of the Chinese Christian and Missionary Alliance, invites applications for Learning Support Teacher.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Learning Support Teacher will work closely with classroom teachers and administration in identification of learning needs, appropriate program design, and service delivery. Service delivery includes the following models:
Classroom Teacher Support
- Guidance to classroom teachers on appropriate instructional strategies, behavior management, data collection, observation, and feedback
- Direct special education instruction provided within the classroom through collaborative co-teaching
- Direct support for individual students through adaptations or modifications to curriculum and assessment
- Individualized or small group instruction to address academic or behavioral needs of students either within the classroom or outside for specific skill development
Specialized Education Program
- Direct intensive specialized instruction utilizing specialized strategies, techniques, and, when necessary, an alternative curriculum for individuals or small groups
- Specific skill training in remediating academic, social, emotional and behavioral skill deficits
Qualifications and Experience
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Education (or equivalent) required
- Minimum requirement is post-graduate diploma in special education
- Master’s degree in special education strongly preferred
- Previous experience as a special education or learning resource teacher required
- 5 or more years of classroom teaching experience strongly preferred
English Language Competency
- Native proficiency in spoken and written English required
Application of Current Pedagogy
- Knowledge of current trends in educational research and development pertaining to special education
- Proven expertise in facilitating student-centered learning and assessment through inquiry, differentiated instruction and application of technology in teaching and learning
Effective Date of Employment
The starting date for this appointment is 15 August 2019. Initial contracts are normally 2 years in duration.
Refer to the detailed Employment Process (Teaching Positions) on this website.
All personal data submitted will be used for recruitment purposes only.