Christian Alliance International School (CAIS), a non-profit making school wholly owned by Kowloon Tong Church of the Chinese Christian and Missionary Alliance, invites applications for Music Teacher.
The Music Teacher will be responsible for developing interest and ability for creative expression in music in students, employing skills and techniques consistent with curricular and school objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing an appropriate and justifiable system for assessing and grading students
- Preparing bands and other instrumental or choral groups for public performances as specified by the School
- Collaborate with other music and homeroom teachers in organizing musical events
- Ensure proper care, maintenance and inventory of musical instruments
- Advise the School on purchase needs of the music program; plan and implement the music budget
Qualifications and Experience
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Education (or equivalent teaching credential) required
- Bachelor’s degree with major in music strongly preferred
- Prior experience in teaching music in a school setting required
- Experience in teaching band an advantage
Knowledge and Competencies
- Strong general proficiency in music; knowledge of music theory
- Competency in utilization of varied instructional strategies, assessment techniques, and differentiated instruction as relate to a range of student aptitudes and learning styles
- Ability to work with students with a range of musical abilities is required; proficiency in one or more musical instruments required
English Language Competency
- Fluency in English
Effective Date of Employment
The starting date for this appointment is August 15, 2019. Initial contracts are normally 2 years in duration.
Refer to the detailed Employment Process (Teaching Positions) on this website.
All personal data submitted will be used for recruitment purposes only.