Christian Alliance International School (CAIS), a non-profit making school wholly owned by Kowloon Tong Church of the Chinese Christian and Missionary Alliance, invites applications for the position of Physical Education Teacher.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work collaboratively within a team of PE teachers to deliver a physical education and extra-curricular sports program aligned with the school mission and goals. Duties and responsibilities also include coaching in at least 2 seasons.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Education, or Bachelor Degree in relevant major subject(s) with a Postgraduate Diploma in Education or equivalent teaching credential with at least 10 weeks’ practicum required
- Major in PE or related area such as kinesiology strongly preferred
- Prior PE teaching experience in a primary or secondary school strongly preferred
- Ability and prior experience in coaching team sports required (preferably basketball, soccer, and/or volleyball)
- Fitness training credential and First-aid training preferred
- Native proficiency in spoken and written English required
Effective Date of Employment
The starting date for this appointment is mid-August 2020. Initial contracts are normally 2 years in duration.
Please refer to the detailed Employment Process (Teaching Positions) on the School’s website. Applications including a cover letter, current resume, Teacher Application Form, Christian Faith Questionnaire, employment reference letters, teacher certification and university transcripts should be submitted by email (PDF format only) to:
Human Resources Department
Christian Alliance International School
33 King Lam Street
Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon
All personal data submitted will be used for recruitment purposes only.