Christian Alliance International School (CAIS), a non-profit making school wholly owned by Kowloon Tong Church of the Chinese Christian and Missionary Alliance, invites applications for Senior Student Services Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To monitor the emotional health of the students and maintain a positive, nurturing and collaborative relationship with students;
- To serve as a resource person with teachers, leaders, professional specialists and parents, providing information and assistance where needed;
- To provide orientation for new students and closure activities for departing students;
- To provide support and resources for students and families in their transitional phases (e.g. school, home, family, etc.) and serve as crisis management team, if needed;
- To regularly communicate the counselling services to teachers, parents if needed;
- To accurately review and appropriately maintain student records related to counselling and advisement in a confidential manner;
- To take part in the school-wide student well-being program by initiating, planning, collaborating with staff on guidance programs and classroom presentations for purposes of discussing peer relations, emotional development, social skills, health and safety, educational information, and transitions;
- To provide guidance that aligns with biblical principles and standards of Christian behavior. Work with the school spiritual life personnel in meeting the spiritual and altruistic desires of students;
- To assist senior leaders and Admissions to assess the student’s level of ability in making appropriate year level and placements;
- Identify and adopt the most effective teaching and support approaches for students with educational needs to ensure they make progress relative to other students, promoting inclusion through the provision of high quality differentiated and collaborative teaching across the age range (Grades 7-12);
- Teach study skills that will develop students’ ability to work independently;
- Contribute to creation of bespoke curricula where required and ensure that appropriate intervention is in place in order to provide accurate information to parents in a variety of forms, as and when necessary;
- In collaboration with the Principal and Department Head, monitor relevant pupil data to help identify areas of need, concern and progress;
- Support the admissions team with entrance assessment of students if necessary;
- Provide high-quality, accurate, constructive, sensitive and targeted information to parents at Parent Evenings, in subject reports, incidental meetings and communications;
- Other duties & ad hoc projects as assigned by the Head of School or his/her delegate.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or Social Work, or Bachelor’s degree in any subjects with Postgraduate Certificate of Education;
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in guidance counselling and learning support with students;
- Equivalent qualification in guidance and counseling / special educational needs strongly preferred;
- Previous guidance counselling and learning support experience in an international school setting preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to relate well to all stakeholders;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, with the ability to remain calm under pressure, and work to tight deadlines, systematic approach to tasks, and attention to details;
- Evidence of a proactive approach to planning and prioritizing work;
- Commitment to own professional development;
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students;
- Excellent ICT skills, competent with database input, and use of a range of Microsoft and Google applications.
Refer to the detailed Employment Process (Non-Teaching Positions) on this website.
All personal data submitted will be used for recruitment purposes only.