Christian Alliance International School (CAIS), a non-profit making school wholly owned by Kowloon Tong Church of the Chinese Christian and Missionary Alliance, invites applications for Teaching Assistant (Learning Support).
A Teaching Assistant (Learning Support) will report to the Learning Support Team Lead and be responsible for the administrative and professional duties in the Learning Support Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
Main Classroom Duties
- Reinforcing learning and implementing instructional programs in small groups or with individuals
- Working with individual students in activities initiated by the teacher
- Involving students with special needs in classroom and extra-curricular activities
- Observing, recording and charting student behavior as requested by the teacher
- Supporting behavior management of teacher
- Preparing and producing instructional materials and modifications
Other Student Supervision Duties
- Providing supervision of students in the morning before school and during recesses and lunch break
- Supporting and supervising students in their participation in activities
- Supervising at specified times and in designated areas
- Walking around and be aware of what is going on, collaborating to ensure that lines of sight and less visible areas are thoroughly covered
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree holder or related disciplines required
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Minimum of 2 years working in a school setting
- Commitment to best educational practices and on-going professional improvement
Refer to the detailed Employment Process (Non-Teaching Positions) on this website.
All personal data submitted will be used for recruitment purposes only.