Christian Alliance International School (CAIS), a non-profit making school wholly owned by Kowloon Tong Church of the Chinese Christian and Missionary Alliance, invites applications for the position of Visual Arts Teacher.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing student skills in drawing, painting, and ceramics
- Differentiating instruction to adapt curriculum to students with varied intellectual and artistic abilities
- Instructing students in proper care and use of tools and equipment
- Planning and presenting art displays and exhibitions
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Education, or Bachelor Degree in relevant major subject(s) with a Postgraduate Diploma in Education or equivalent teaching credential with at least 10 weeks’ practicum required
- Major in Fine Arts strongly preferred
- Prior experience in teaching visual art in a primary and/or secondary school strongly preferred
- Native proficiency in spoken and written English required
Effective Date of Employment
The starting date for this appointment is mid-August 2020. Initial contracts are normally 2 years in duration.
Please refer to the detailed Employment Process (Teaching Positions) on the School’s website. Applications including a cover letter, current resume, Teacher Application Form, Christian Faith Questionnaire, employment reference letters, teacher certification and university transcripts should be submitted by email (PDF format only) to:
Human Resources Department
Christian Alliance International School
33 King Lam Street
Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon
All personal data submitted will be used for recruitment purposes only.