Christian Alliance International School (CAIS), a non-profit making school wholly owned by Kowloon Tong Church of the Chinese Christian and Missionary Alliance, invites applications for Visual Arts Teacher.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Visual Arts Teacher will be responsible for developing interest and ability for creative expression in art in students, employing skills and techniques consistent with curricular and school objectives.
- Developing student skills in drawing, painting, and ceramics
- Differentiating instruction to adapt curriculum to students with varied intellectual and artistic abilities
- Instructing students in proper care and use of tools and equipment
- Planning and presenting art displays and exhibitions
Qualifications and Experience
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Education (or equivalent teaching credential) required
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Fine Arts strongly preferred
- Prior experience in teaching visual art in a primary and/or secondary school strongly preferred
English Language Competency
- Fluency in English
Effective Date of Employment
The starting date for this appointment is August 15, 2019. Initial contracts are normally 2 years in duration.
Refer to the detailed Employment Process (Teaching Positions) on this website.
All personal data submitted will be used for recruitment purposes only.