Where did you grow up/study?
I grew up and studied in Davao City, Philippines.

What attracted you to teach at CAIS?
The first thing that attracted me to teach at CAIS is the word “Christian”. It is an exciting feeling knowing that I will be teaching in an environment where people share the same faith as I have and I feel comfortable with the thought that it would be easy to share this faith to my colleagues and students. Another thing that attracted me to teach at CAIS is the vision mission of the school in cultivating learners to be a whole child by having the mind, heart and life of Jesus as a guiding core value through love, wisdom, integrity and service to the community.

Biggest challenge and rewarding moment working in education?
The biggest challenge I faced working in education is the lack of facilities or materials for the students’ use during PE classes.
The biggest rewarding moment I had working in education is when I see the students’ output in terms of their physical activities and when a student improves their attitude because of the lessons or discussions I had with them either as a class or when I speak with them individually when I process their feelings.

What do you miss most about your home when you are overseas?
The thing I miss most about my home when I am overseas is the presence, love and care of my family and friends.

Can you share one of your favourite bible verses with us?
Since I was in 4th grade, my favourite bible verse which I learned in bible school one summer is, “In everything you do, put God first and he will direct you and crown your efforts with success.” – Proverbs 3:6

This has been my guiding principle in life ever since I memorized this.