Christian Alliance International School (CAIS), a non-profit making school wholly owned by Kowloon Tong Church of the Chinese Christian and Missionary Alliance, invites applications for Chinese Studies Teacher.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Chinese Studies Teacher will provide instruction in Chinese Studies courses as well as work collaboratively within a team of Chinese Studies teachers to design and implement coherent instruction in the Grade 1–12 program. The actual grades assignment will be determined at a later date. Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Deliver developmentally appropriate learning experiences for primary students
- Provide differentiated support and instruction for students with varied Chinese proficiency levels
- Implement instructional strategies in all five skills of Chinese language and culture: – listening, speaking, reading, and writing of Chinese; and knowledge of Chinese culture
- Assess student learning through planning and administration of a variety of appropriate formative and summative assessments
Qualifications and Experience
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Education (or equivalent teaching credential) required
- Master’s degree in Chinese language instruction preferred
- Prior experience in teaching Chinese as a second/foreign language (TCSL/TCFL) in a primary and/or secondary school strongly preferred
- Proficiency in simplified and traditional script required
- Previous experience in an international school preferred
English Language Competency
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Effective Date of Employment
The starting date for this appointment is August 15, 2019. Initial contracts are normally 2 years in duration.
Refer to the detailed Employment Process (Teaching Positions) on this website.
All personal data submitted will be used for recruitment purposes only.