Advent

December 4, 2020

This Sunday is the second Sunday in advent as we celebrate the coming of Christ as Saviour. Last week I wrote about the hope we have in Christ. This week my focus for advent Sunday is love, and this is most beautifully expressed in the love of God the Father, and God the Son.

It amazes me that God did not institute a way of salvation that we as humans had to fulfil perfectly in order to be saved. Instead, out of his great love, he sent us his one and only Son. A Son who God required to humble himself, and to be obedient, even to death on a cross (Phil 2: 8) in order to save us. What incredible love shown to us!

Just as amazing, is the love of Jesus for us, that as God and a perfect man, he bore the wrath of God that we deserved. At the heart of the gospel is love. My greatest desire for students at CAIS, is that they come to experience this love in a personal and authentic way with God.

Just as God has loved us, so too, we are called to love one another. It is my prayer that not only do you see opportunities to show love, but that you show acts of love in practice to those around you.

Grace and Peace
Richard Vanderpyl