Where did you grow up/study?
I grew up in a large family of seven children in southern New Hampshire, USA. We were all home-schooled, and I never set foot in a formal classroom until I went to university. I studied at a Christian school, that prepared me to be a teacher and helped deepen my understanding of God’s word.

What attracted you to teach at CAIS?
Hong Kong is an amazing city, and as we looked into schools to teach at, CAIS stood out with its beautiful campus, excellent leadership, and Christian education. We prayed about it, and it seemed like the right fit for us.

What do you miss most about your home when you are overseas?
Family is so important. I’m blessed to have a wonderful daughter and husband who will join me in Hong Kong. When we are overseas, I really miss spending holidays and birthday celebrations with loved ones. The pandemic has made it nearly impossible to attend weddings, funerals, and special occasions that take place during the school year, and it’s a big sacrifice for everyone.

Can you share one of your favourite bible verses with us?
This is one of the passages of scripture that has been on my mind lately. “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” – 1 Thessalonian 5:16-18